Monday, April 9, 2012

Thanksgiving 2011

We went to Florida for Thanksgiving a week early so that we could do a few other things while we were in the area. Long story short, I flew on the Tuesday a week before Thanksgiving and Jonathan flew on the Thursday, so I had a day and a half to myself. I took the half-day to get my hair done in Orlando (I really like the Aveda Institutes), which was much overdue. I was really happy with the outcome, but I definitely should have taken more pictures. You'll see how the color turned out throughout the pictures over the next few months, but it's different now anyway. We'll get there.
your head gets really heavy while you wait for the dye to set!
later that night - can't really see much of the cut, but the color is pretty spot-on
Anyway, we left Friday to drive up to the panhandle to go camping with Joe and Bryan. It was almost as cold as it was the year before, but at least we didn't have the same rain. Of course, this is partly because we stayed further from Tallahassee (actually, it wasn't too far from Gainesville, really).
Joe's brother had gone hunting and brought back a boar, which he cleaned up for us (he's a professional meat-cutter - which is different from a butcher) and we roasted it over the fire for dinner, stuffed with veggies and potatoes

just a picture of the area where we were camping

On Saturday we left the guys and drove to the game. Then we saw my friend, Heather, and spent the night at her place. We had a great time (as always) and met back up with the boys for lunch before we drove back to Melbourne. I rode with Joe while Bryan rode with Jonathan, and we had some errands to run on the way so it was a bit hectic. It was more complicated, however, by the fact that Bryan was hosting a Thanksgiving at his place that night, which is why we all split up to begin with - Joe and I picked up a pre-cooked turkey in Ocala while the others went to the store and started cooking as soon as they got back to Melbourne. We had a good time, though it was just the start of the vacation.
an action shot from the FSU-Virginia game

At this point I don't really remember what we did the next few days, but I know we renewed our driver's licenses and did some planning and work. We spent Thanksgiving in Fort Myers, and Jonathan and I both spent quite a bit of time hitting up the pre-Black Friday deals. Jonathan and I, plus his dad and his uncle, went out around midnight to hit a Black Friday sale, as his uncle had been looking for a new television. It was a madhouse at HH Gregg and we ended up leaving empty-handed. It worked out fine, however, because we swung by Sears the next day before lunch and he was able to get the same item at the same price! We were in and out of the store in about ten minutes! We struck out with a bunch of our other shopping plans this year, but I was able to pick up the kits for the next two cake decorating courses at 50% off, so that was good. We stayed in Fort Myers to watch the Gator game on Saturday night, then headed back to Fort Pierce on Sunday.
we made wings to watch the game... one still had feathers on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment